The following relates to our UK website, for US-specific Terms & Conditions please click here.
1. These terms and conditions
Please read these Terms carefully before you use our website or apply for our products and/or services. Prior
to submitting any application for our products and/or services, we will also ask you to accept the terms and conditions that apply to the specific products and/or services that you are applying for.
If you do not agree with these Terms, you must not use our website or apply for our products
and/or services. We recommend that you print a copy of these Terms for future reference.
Date that these Terms were last revised: 04/12/18
2. About Salary Finance
- 2.1. When we refer to “Salary Finance”, “we”, “our” or “us” in these Terms, we mean Salary
Finance Limited (a company registered in England & Wales under company number
09677777 whose registered address is One Hammersmith Broadway, London W6 9DL), and
each of its group companies (including parent, subsidiary and joint venture undertakings).
- 2.2. Salary Finance Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
under reference number 758053, for the purposes of its lending products, and is a registered
money remittance firm, under reference number 788485, for the purposes its savings
products. Advances of earnings under the Advance product are not regulated by the FCA,
because neither your employer nor Salary Finance will be providing you with any form of
regulated credit as part of Advance.
- 2.3. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under number ZA152606.
Our website is intended solely for users who are 18 years of age or older. By using our website,
you represent and warrant that you are 18 years of age or older.
4. Salary Finance account registration
- 4.1. To apply for a Salary Finance product, you will be required to create a Salary Finance
account. To create a Salary Finance account, you will be asked to provide certain personal
- 4.2. Your employer must be registered as a participating employer.
- 4.3. As part of the registration process, you agree to us processing your personal data and us
and your employer sharing relevant information between each other to enable us to validate
loan application details and to manage repayments (whether by Direct Debit, salary
deduction or otherwise).
- 4.4. Further details about the personal data that we obtain from you (or from third parties, such as
5. Accuracy of information
- 5.1. When creating a Salary Finance account or applying for a product on our website, you agree
to provide current, complete and accurate information about yourself. If any information you
provide is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we may deny your application and
terminate your Salary Finance account and/or access to our website.
- 5.2. You must promptly notify us of any changes to your personal details from time to time (for
example, if your bank account details change). In particular, if the bank account to which
your earnings are paid changes, you are required to promptly notify us and provide details of
the new relevant new bank account.
6. Access to our website and your account
- 6.1. Our site is made available free of charge. However, we do not guarantee that our site, or
any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted.
- 6.2. We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, our
website with or without notice. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third
party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of our website.
- 6.3. We may terminate, suspend, restrict or block your access to our website or your Salary
Finance account if we reasonably think it is necessary or because we believe there is a
legitimate reason to do so. Such reasons include, for example:
- 6.3.1. the security of your account is at risk (for example, if you have not updated your internet
browser to the latest release);
- 6.3.2. we suspect unauthorised or fraudulent use of your account;
- 6.3.3. to comply with any legal or regulatory requirement;
- 6.3.4. you have given us false information about yourself;
- 6.3.5. for any reason beyond our reasonable control, including (without limitation) where our
website and/or platform becomes unavailable;
- 6.3.6. for any actual or suspected breach of these Terms;
- 6.3.7. for any actual or suspected criminal activity;
- 6.3.8. for any actual or suspected misuse of, or damage to, our website; and
- 6.3.9. an inactive Salary Finance account. A Salary Finance account becomes inactive when
you have not accessed your Salary Finance account at least once in any 12-month
- 6.4. Your obligations in respect of any Salary Finance products you have applied for are not
contingent on or otherwise affected by your ability or inability to access or use our website or
by the closure of your Salary Finance account.
- 6.5. Where possible we will contact you before suspending, restricting or blocking your access to
tell you that we are doing so and why. We may do this by displaying a message the next time
you try to log on or perform an action on your account. However, we may not always be able
to contact you, for example because of legal or regulatory restrictions, or because of
unexpected interruptions to our service availability.
7. Closing your account
- 7.1. Once your loan has been repaid in full, you may cancel your Salary Finance registration by
notifying us via email. Following closure of your Salary Finance account, you will no longer
be able to access your Salary Finance customer account portal.
- 8.1. You are responsible for safeguarding your login details. You should not share them with
- 8.2. You must contact us immediately if you believe that your account has been compromised or
if you believe that the security of your account is at risk.
- 8.3. By accepting these Terms, you expressly agree that you will not, and will not attempt to: (a)
access data outside of the public aspects of our website or your Salary Finance customer
account portal; (b) access any loan information or non-public personal information relating to
any other user of the our website; (c) probe, scan or test the vulnerability of our website; or
(d) interfere with or disrupt our website or any aspect therein, including, without limitation, via
means of submitting a virus to our website or overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail
bombing,” or “crashing” our website. Violations of system or network security may result in
civil or criminal liability.
- 9.1. When you visit our website or send emails to us, you are communicating with us
electronically. By accepting these Terms, you expressly consent to receive communications
from us electronically to the extent permissible by law. Such electronic communications may
include emails, messages posted to your Salary Finance customer account portal or other
electronic communications. Your consent to receive electronic communications from us
does not mean that we must provide all communications electronically.
- 9.2. It is your responsibility to provide us with current and accurate contact information. You represent that you are permitted to receive calls at each of the telephone numbers you have provided to us. You agree to promptly alert us whenever you stop using a particular telephone number.
- 10.1. Our website may contain links to websites which are owned or controlled by parties
other than Salary Finance. These links are provided for your convenience and do not imply
that we have reviewed or condone the third-party sites, their content or their privacy policies.
- 10.2. When using other websites, you must be aware that any personal information you
supply will be handled according to their privacy policies. We recommend that you read and
consider these websites’ privacy policies and terms and conditions before providing any of
your personal information. Salary Finance is not responsible for the privacy practices or
content on third party websites.
- 10.3. We shall not be responsible for the content of any other sites that are linked to or
from our website or our platform and we exclude all warranties and all liability for any loss or
damage you incur as a result of your use of such sites.
11. Our liability
- 11.1. We do not limit or exclude our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our
negligence, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation and any other liability that cannot be
limited or excluded by English law.
- 11.2. The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to
amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist
advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
- 11.3. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make
no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content
on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
- 11.4. While we take all reasonable precautions to keep the website and its server free from
viruses, corrupt files and other malicious software, we cannot guarantee this. We will not be
liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other
technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer
programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our website or to your
downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it. You should ensure that you
have appropriate anti-virus software installed on any computer or mobile devices that you
use to access the website.
- 11.5. Calculators and tools on our website provide estimates, which may be different from
the actual amounts.
- 11.6. Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not
to use our site for any commercial or business purpose.
- 11.7. We are only liable to you for losses which you suffer as a direct result of our breach of
these terms and conditions, and we have no liability to you for any loss of data, loss of profit,
loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- 11.8. The terms of your loan and your obligations in respect of the loan shall be included in
the loan agreement, and no content on our website or feature of our website shall have any
effect on the terms of your loan agreement or your obligation to repay the loan.
12. Your acts and compliance with law
You are solely responsible for your acts and omissions in connection with your use of our website,
and we will not be responsible or liable for any claim, action or liability that arises out of or is in
any way connected with such acts or omissions. You agree to use our website in compliance with
all applicable laws, and not to use our website for any fraudulent purposes.
13. Intellectual Property
- 13.1. All intellectual property in our site and our platform, and all rights in any information
which appears on our site and our platform (including the screen displays, the content, the
text, graphics and look and feel of the site and platform), belongs to us or our licensors. All
trademarks, service marks, company names or logos are the property of their respective holders. Any use by you of these marks, names and logos may constitute an infringement of
the holders’ rights. We do not warrant that our site does not infringe any intellectual property
rights of third parties
- 13.2. We grant to you a limited right to use our platform on any computers, smartphones or
tablets (as applicable) which are under your control, solely for your internal, private, non-
commercial informational purposes.
- 13.3. You may not reproduce, republish, transmit or distribute any material, information or
content on our website, or that form part of our services, without our prior written consent.
However, you are granted a limited right to access and use our website and our services,
and retrieve, display and print content pages, for your own personal, non-commercial use
and to the extent necessary for use of our website and our services only. We reserve the
right, in our sole discretion and without notice to you, to terminate your licence and to prevent
future access by you to our website.
14. Changes to these Terms
We may make changes to these Terms from time to time. If we do this, we will post the changed
Terms on our website and will indicate at the top of this page the date the Terms were last
revised. You understand and agree that your continued use of our website after we have made
any such changes constitutes your acceptance of the new Terms.
15. We may make changes to our site
We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our products, our
users’ needs and our business priorities.
16. No waiver
The waiver of a breach of or default under these Terms, or the failure or delay by Salary Finance
to exercise any right in respect of any breach of or default under these Terms, shall in no event
constitute a waiver of any other breach or default of these Terms, whether similar or dissimilar in
nature, or operate as a waiver of any other right or remedy available to Salary Finance.
If any provision of these Terms is held invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of
these Terms shall continue in full force and effect as if the invalid or unenforceable parts of these
Terms have been severed from these Terms.
18. Complaints and feedback
We welcome all feedback and suggestions. Should you wish to provide feedback, please contact
us by email at email@example.com.
We’re committed to providing the best service we can. If you’re not happy with your experience,
please let us know so we can try to make it right.
19. Third party rights
Your employer may rely on and enforce against you the relevant parts of these Terms pursuant to
which you give your consent or agreement to your employer in connection with your use of our
Notwithstanding that your employer may rely on and enforce against you the relevant parts of
these Terms, we may vary, waive, rescind or terminate these Terms (in each case) without your
20. Governing law and jurisdiction
English law, and (subject to the following sentence) the English courts shall have exclusive
jurisdiction to determine the interpretation and application of these conditions if any dispute
arises. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in the
courts of Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in
the courts of Scotland.