Did you know that most things in life are determined by your credit score? Many people do not know because they haven't been taught about it. Steve has dedicated most of his life to teaching financial literacy and empowering people through his work first in politics and then in helping reform financial services.
Steve Bartlett has over 30 years of experience in financial services. He was the former Councilman and Mayor of Dallas. He was also a former U.S. Congressman and Founder and CEO of Financial Services Roundtable. Currently, he is a Board Member at HOPE Global Forums which brings thousands of delegates annually to engage in a two conference on the topic of financial inclusion. He uses his platform and influence to teach financial literacy.
Listen in and learn about:
- Story of "Little Red" and how it changed his life
- Why it is important to find your purpose
- Being a politician versus a businessman
- How credit score can affect your life
- Importance of financial literacy
- Financial services reform
- Operation Hope and EVERFI
Mentioned on the episode:
- Financial Services Roundtable: Bank Policy Institute
- Hope Global Forums
- C-Span: Steve Bartlett
- Transcript of this episode