Salary Finance Privacy Notice
Salary Finance Inc (“Salary Finance” or the “Company”) recognizes, respects, and protects the personal privacy rights of all our customers and works diligently to safeguard your privacy. We are committed to providing the highest level of security and privacy regarding the collection and use of our customers’ personal information, as well as the personal information of all consumers who visit our institution.
The following Salary Finance Privacy Notice explains how we use and protect the information we collect online about our customers. We ask that you read it carefully.
View the Salary Finance Privacy Notice
Axos BankⓇ Privacy Notice
Salary Finance Loans are offered by Axos BankⓇ, Member FDIC. The following Axos Bank Privacy Notice explains how Axos Bank uses and protects the information about their customers. We ask that you read it carefully.
1. What Information Do We Collect?
The types of personal information that we collect depends on the products and services you request and use. This information may include:
- Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Social Security Number
- Payroll / Employee ID Number
- Your Income
- Length of Time with your Employer
- Name of your Employer
- Bank Account Number
- Bank Routing Number
2. How we collect information
2.1 Direct collection of information through the Salary Finance website: www.salaryfinance.com/US
We may collect any personal information which you provide to us voluntarily, for example by completing a form on any of our websites or in hard copy, by taking part in survey, a phone conversation or by emailing us.
2.2 Indirect collection of information
If access to our services is provided to you by your employer or by a membership organization, we may also collect personal information which is provided to us by your employer or membership organization. The information we collect from your employer is limited to the information you provide directly to us as well as information about your current status of employment (such as Actively Employed, etc.) as well as information about your eligibility for the program and the state in which you perform your work.
Our systems may automatically record information about your website usage, such as your browser type (e.g. Internet Explorer), operating system (e.g. Microsoft Windows), IP address (a way of identifying your internet connection) and basic information about your internet service provider. This information does not require your intervention and is used to improve our services and enhance your user experience.
For security and audit control, and to help us understand your preferences, we may also keep a record of when you access the site, which pages you visit and the actions you take on each page.
For the purpose of providing loans and other financial services we may also collect data contained on your credit reporting agency (“CRA”) records.
3. How We Use Your Personal Information
3.2 Reasons we can use your personal information:
For everyday business purposes:
- To register you as a user and to provide the services you require.
- To make lending decisions.
- To search CRA records.
- To provide you with customer support.
- To enhance the accuracy of the information which we hold about you and which your employer or membership organization (as applicable) holds about you.
- To advise your employer or membership organization (as applicable) of your registration.
- To notify you of any important changes to the site.
- To prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities.
- To enforce our Terms and Conditions.
To enhance your experience on our website by:
- Monitoring and improving our services and customizing our website for you.
For marketing purposes:
- To keep you informed of any products, services or offers which might be of interest to you where you have provided your consent for us to do so.
For internal research purposes, general website administration, demographic and statistical analysis of our service users.
3.3 We may use your personal information to generate non-personal statistical data, for example relating to the size of our customer base and the levels of site usage. This will only be group data, such as the age range of site users, and will not include any information that could personally identify you. This may then be shared with third-parties and your employer or membership organization.
4. How we may share and disclose your personal information
4.1 Salary Finance shares your personal information with third parties as permitted by law, including in the following ways:
- Credit reporting agencies. Salary Finance may share personal information about you with credit reporting agencies to meet our credit reporting obligations.
- Your employer or membership organization. Where access to our services is provided to you by your employer or membership organization, we may share relevant personal information (such as contact details, date of birth, gross basic annual salary, start date of your employment, payroll or membership number, and any product-specific orders which are to be processed via payroll) with your employer or membership organization in order to improve the accuracy of our respective records.
4.2 We may also share aggregated and anonymized data sets including your information with third parties that does not reasonably identify you directly as an individual.
4.3 We will not share any of your personal information with any other third parties without your permission, unless required by applicable laws or regulations or permitted under the federal Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and implementing regulations.
5. Credit Reporting Agencies (“CRAs”)
It is important that you understand and agree to how we use CRAs and how they use the information we give them.
We may check your details with CRAs, both when you apply to us for a loan and from time to time as we manage your account. The CRAs will record this inquiry.
We may disclose details to CRAs about your financial relationship with us, such as whether or not you make your loan repayments on time or if you have defaulted on your loan.
6. Cookies and Similar Technologies
- To monitor site usage.
- To keep an audit trail.
- To understand visitors’ browsing habits.
- To analyze trends and demographic statistics.
- To compile statistical reports.
6.3 Most internet browsers accept cookies by default; however, you can usually change your browser settings to reject cookies if you would prefer not to receive them. If you choose not to receive our cookies you will not be able to receive any personalized features and you may not be able to benefit from all our services.
7. How long we keep your data
7.2 The length of time we keep your data depends on the purpose of its use. Examples of purposes are listed below:
- Where you have been accepted for a product we will retain your personal application data for seven (7) years after the point at which you have stopped using this service.
- If you have been declined for our services, your personal application data will be retained for three (3) years.
- If you have provided us your data for the purposes of creating a Salary Finance user account, we will retain your data for two (2) years after your last known login to the Salary Finance platform or the timelines listed above, whichever is longer.
- Copies of your data may also be retained to satisfy legal, regulatory and/or accounting requirements.
7.3 Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
8. Information Security
8.1 The security of your personal information is very important to Salary Finance. We use physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards that are designed to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse and/or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
We have several layers of security measures in place to protect your information, including:
- An up-to-date anti-virus software to protect against viruses damaging data and infrastructure,
- Periodic review of our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems,
- Housekeeping measures by regular backups, encryption and network domain policy.
In addition, Salary Finance uses standard security protocols and mechanisms to exchange the transmission of sensitive data such as credit card details and bank account numbers. When you enter sensitive Personal Information such as your bank account number on our site, we encrypt it using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
8.2 Salary Finance is also committed to reducing risks of human error, theft, fraud, and misuse of its facilities. The Company’s efforts include training employees on security policies and procedures as well as implementation of such policies and procedures. Salary Finance employees are required to maintain the confidentiality of services data. Employees’ obligations include written confidentiality agreements, regular training on information protection, and compliance with company policies concerning protection of confidential information.
9. Protecting Children’s Privacy Online
Salary Finance’s website is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13). We request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through our website. In the unlikely event that we learn that information from such individuals has been collected, we will immediately remove that information from our databases. The Company does not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from or to children under age 13 without obtaining written, verifiable consent from a parent or legal guardian. For more information on the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), please visit the Federal Trade Commission website: http://www.ftc.gov/opa/reporter/privacy/coppa.shtml.
10. Using other websites
10.1 Our websites may contain links to web sites which are owned or controlled by parties other than Salary Finance Inc. These links are provided for your convenience and do not imply that we have reviewed or condone the third-party sites, their content or their privacy policies.
10.2 When using other websites, you must be aware that any personal information you supply will be handled according to their privacy policies. We recommend that you read and consider these website’s privacy policies and terms and conditions before providing any of your personal information. Salary Finance is not responsible for privacy practices or content on third-party websites.
10.3 Our websites may also automatically transfer you to a third party site in order to fulfil the services we provide to you. In such cases, we will carry out due diligence to ensure third parties have the appropriate data protection requirements in place.
10.4 When you access the linked third party websites you do so at your own risk. These sites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Salary Finance is not liable for any misuse of your information or other misconduct by the third party.
12.1 We welcome all feedback on matters relating to privacy or to any other aspect of our services for US customers. You can provide feedback by contacting us at email@example.com.