For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Salary Finance Limited of One Hammersmith Broadway, London, W6 9DL. Our data controller ICO registration reference number is ZA152606. You can check our registration on the Data Protection Public Register by visiting www.ico.org.uk/esdwebpages/search.
1 How we may collect your personal information
1.1 We may collect any personal information which you provide to us voluntarily, for example by completing a form on any of our websites or in hard copy, by taking part in survey, a phone conversation or by emailing us.
1.2 If access to our services is provided to you by your employer or by a membership organisation, we may also collect personal information which is provided to us by your employer or membership organisation.
1.3 We may collect information about you from Credit Reference Agencies. If you register to use our services, we may obtain your credit score and credit report from one or more Credit Reference Agencies
1.4 Our systems may automatically record information about your website usage, such as your browser type (e.g. Internet Explorer), operating system (e.g. Microsoft Windows), IP address (a way of identifying your internet connection) and basic information about your internet service provider. This information does not require your intervention and is used to improve our services and enhance your user experience.
1.5 For security and audit control, and to help us understand your preferences, we may also keep a record of when you access the site, which pages you visit and the actions you take on each page.
2 How we may use your personal information
2.1 We respect your privacy and will only use your information in the following ways:
- To register you as a user and to provide the services you require.
- To provide you with customer support.
- To enhance the accuracy of the information which we hold about you and which your employer or membership organisation (as applicable) holds about you.
- To advise your employer or membership organisation (as applicable) of your registration
- To notify you of any important changes to the site.
- To prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities and enforce our Terms and Conditions.
- To monitor and improve our services and to personalise our website for you.
- To keep you informed of any products, services or offers which might be of interest to you where you have provided your consent for us to do so
- For internal research purposes, general website administration and demographic analysis of our service users.
3 How we may share your personal information
3.1 The information you provide us may be shared with group companies, introducers, lenders and third parties. Your information may be used:
- To access your application, including keeping your introducer, if you have one, informed about progress.
- To contact you by letter, phone, fax, email and text about your application and about our other products and services that might interest you.
3.2 Where access to our services is provided to you by your employer or membership organisation, either party may share relevant information (such as contact details, date of birth, gross basic annual salary, start date of your employment, payroll or membership number, status (such as active, leaver etc.), and any product specific orders which are to be processed via payroll) with your employer or membership organisation in order to improve the accuracy of our respective records.
3.3 In the event of our site providing you with an opportunity to browse products or services, register with our platform and/or complete application forms, we will not provide your employer or membership organisation with specific details of your activities. However, this information may be shared with your employer or membership organisation in the form of group level statistics which will not include any information which could personally identify you.
3.4 We will not share any of your personal information with any other third parties without your permission, unless:
- We suspect any form of illegal behaviour.
- It is necessary by law, regulation or legal proceedings.
- It is required to enforce our Terms and Conditions.
- We feel that it is a necessary action to protect the property, rights or safety of Salary Finance Limited or any other party.
- The third party is acting in a professional capacity, for example as a regulator or auditor, and has suitable confidentiality and privacy measures in place.
- The third party is acting as an approved fulfilment partner for an order you have placed.
3.5 We may provide third parties with non-personal statistical data, for example relating to the size of our customer base and the levels of site usage. This will only be group data, such as the age range of site users, and will not include any information that could personally identify you
4. Submitting a loan application
4.1 Salary Finance Limited is a consumer credit company which conducts both lending and loan broking activities. We do not offer advice. If you are not sure about what is best for your own financial situation you might want to seek independent advice.
4.2 Upon submitting a loan application, Salary Finance Limited and/ or one of our Lending Partners may carry out a credit search on your behalf. The search at this stage will be an enquiry search and will not affect your credit rating.
4.3 We and/ or our Lending Partner may search the Electoral Roll and other information held about your present and previous addresses as part of this credit search.
4.4 Your information will be shared with credit reference agencies, which may keep a record of such information. This will not affect your credit rating.
4.5 If you decide to go ahead with your loan application, Salary Finance Limited and/ or one of our Lending Partners will then carry out an application search.
5 How long we hold personal data
- To monitor site usage.
- To keep an audit trail.
- To understand visitors’ browsing habits.
- To analyse trends and demographic statistics.
- To compile statistical reports.
6.3 Most internet browsers accept cookies by default; however, you can usually change your browser settings to reject cookies if you would prefer not to receive them. If you choose not to receive our cookies you will not be able to receive any personalised features and you may not be able to benefit from all our services.
7 Your rights
7.1 Under the Act, you may request a copy of any personal data about you held by us and we have up to 40 calendar days to respond. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. The request must be in writing and must contain the following:
- Your name and postal address;
- A telephone number where you can be reached.
7.2 You must also provide:
A photocopy of your passport or driving licence;
Your signature and the date of the request;
Signed authority from the individual whose data is required if you are applying on their behalf.
7.3 Please do contact us if you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, as we are committed to maintaining the high quality of our data.
8 Using other websites
8.1 Our websites may contain links to web sites which are owned or controlled by parties other than Salary Finance Limited. These links are provided for your convenience and do not imply that we have reviewed or condone the third-party sites, their content or their privacy policies.
8.4 When you access the linked third party websites, you do so at your own risk. These sites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. We will not be held liable for any misuse of your information or other misconduct by the third party.
9 Data Security
9.1 We are registered under the Data Protection Act and we will only use your data in accordance with the Act.
9.2 We take data protection seriously and we have implemented technical, physical and administrative security measures to protect your information against unauthorised access, loss, misuse or destruction. We recommend you always sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
9.3 While we work very hard to protect your privacy, online data transmission can never be entirely secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that your personal information will always remain private.
9.4 If we become aware that there has been a security breach and that your personal data may have been compromised, we will take appropriate steps to rectify the breach as soon as reasonably practical.
11.1 We welcome all feedback on matters relating to privacy or to any other aspect of our service. You can provide feedback by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.