Salary Finance Limited is committed to compliance with Data Protection Laws and respecting your privacy. “Data Protection Laws” means (a) the Data Protection Act 1998 and any laws or regulations implementing Directive 95/46/EC; and/or (b) the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR); and/or any corresponding or equivalent national laws or regulations; and any applicable laws replacing, amending, extending, re-enacting or consolidating any of the above DP Laws from time to time; For the purposes of the Data Protection Laws, Salary Finance Limited of One Hammersmith Broadway, London, W6 9DL is the data controller and we are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (registration number: ZA152606. You can check our registration on the Data Protection Public Register by visiting www.ico.org.uk/esdwebpages/search.
1. Information that we collect
While using the Salary Finance Corporate Website, we collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- we will directly collect information that you provide to us when requesting further information, registering for an event or subscribing to email notifications and/or newsletters (including name, email, telephone number job role, employer and communication preferences);
- we indirectly collect information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation). This information does not require your intervention and is used to improve our services and enhance your user experience.
For security and audit control, and to help us understand your preferences, we may also keep a record of when you access the site, which pages you visit and the actions you take on each page.
We may track, process and store records of e-mail or telephone communication you have with Salary Finance. We keep these records of our correspondence to help ensure we deliver the best service possible.
2. How we use your personal information
Salary Finance takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent, unless required to do so by law.
We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purposes specified in this policy. Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
We may use your personal information to:
- improve your browsing experience by using your data to profile you and personalise the website;
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology. You can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking the unsubscribe link in any marketing email you receive from us.
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- provide third parties with anonymous statistical information about our users;
- administer the website.
3. How we may share and disclose your personal information
In addition, we may share your personal information:
- To help prevent fraud, or if required to do so by law and/ or we suspect any form of illegal behaviour.
- Where it is required to do so by law, regulation or legal proceedings.
- If we feel that it is a necessary action to protect the property, rights or safety of Salary Finance Limited or any other party.
- If a third party is acting in a professional capacity, for example as a regulator or auditor, and has suitable confidentiality and privacy measures in place.
- To monitor site usage.
- To keep an audit trail.
- To understand visitors’ browsing habits.
- To analyse trends and demographic statistics.
- To compile statistical reports.
Most internet browsers accept cookies by default; however, you can usually change your browser settings to reject cookies if you would prefer not to receive them. If you choose not to receive our cookies you will not be able to receive any personalised features and you may not be able to benefit from all our services.
5. Security and Breach notification
The security of your Personal Information is very important to Salary Finance. We use physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards that are designed to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
We have several layers of security measures in place to protect your information, including:
- An up-to-date anti-virus software to protect against viruses damaging data and infrastructure,
- Reviewing our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorised access to systems
- Housekeeping measures by regular reviews of third parties, backups, encryption, network domain policy.
6. Your Rights
You may withdraw consent for data processing at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
You may also instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
You have the right to access any personal information that Salary Finance processes about you, free of charge. We have up to 30 days to respond to your request. Whilst we provide the information requested without a fee, further copies requested by you may incur a charge to cover our administrative costs. The request must be in writing or can be submitted via email to email@example.com. To complete the request we will need appropriate evidence of you identity such as a certified photocopy of your passport or driving licence. We will provide this information in a format that is structured, commonly used and machine readable.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You have the right to ask us to correct and/ or complete the information or remove information you think is inaccurate.
You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or request that we restrict usage of your personal data in accordance with legal, regulatory, accounting requirements and our retention policy as set out at clause. For the avoidance of doubt, rights may not apply when Salary Finance requires this information for the fulfilment of services, or where Salary Finance has obligations under current regulations to retain this information.
7. International data transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries, including the United States, which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area (EEA). This website may use services that operate outside the EEA. In line with data protection law Salary Finance will ensure an adequate level of protection for your personal data in line with that of EEA data protection laws. For example, transfers to the United States of America will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
8. Third party websites
Our website may contain links to websites which are not owned or controlled by Salary Finance. These links are provided for your convenience and do not imply that we have reviewed or condone the third-party sites, their content or their privacy policies.
Our websites may also automatically transfer you to a third party site in order to fulfil the services we provide to you. In such cases, we will carry out due diligence to ensure third party’s have the appropriate data protection requirements in place.
When you access the linked third party websites, you do so at your own risk. These sites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. We will not be held liable for any misuse of your information or other misconduct by the third party.
10. Lodging A Complaint
Salary Finance only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Data Protection Officer
Salary Finance Limited
One Hammersmith Broadway, London W6 9DL
Information Commissioner’s Office
Information Governance department
Wycliffe House, Water Lane
0303 123 1113