Navigating most of your life in the closet but experiencing white male privilege at the same time is no small feat. Ashley has done exactly that and we are lucky enough to have her on this episode to talk about her experiences around privilege and transitioning.
Ashley T. Brundage is the Founder and President of Empowering Differences. She serves on the corporate Advisory Council for the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce and is an icon in the trans community. She uses her platform to promote awareness and acceptance of gender identity. Her book Empowering Differences is available for purchase on her official website and Amazon.
Listen in and learn about:
- Where you can watch Ashley’s book tour
- Finishing and publishing her book during quarantine
- How she survived being in the closet in the 90s
- Experiencing privilege as a cisgender white man
- Discussing the empowerment process
- The importance of self-assessment
- Developing your strategy for empowerment
- Financial wellbeing and empowerment for LGBTQ+ community
- How to be an active ally