Brian believes that working in retail can really teach someone a lot about human resources, by shining a light on serving customer needs and treating people right. He talks about how his experiences in retail and elsewhere set him on his path to his current role of VP of Total Rewards at Dawn Foods, and how helping others and being an advocate has helped him throughout his life.
Dawn Foods is a family-owned, global bakery company that has been helping make happiness for over a century. Brian has evolved their benefits strategy, fostered resilience in their workforce spanning five generations, and has been a tireless advocate for the importance of financial wellbeing.
Listen in and learn about:
- His past work experiences at Trinity Health and Accenture
- Growing up in a small town outside of Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Working in retail while going to college
- His journey to the heading up Total Rewards at Dawn Foods
- Being an early innovator for financial wellbeing
- How he thinks total rewards will evolve in the future
- Helping people and being an advocate for others